My work has included large houses and humble cottages. With each house history I aim to:
- Establish when the house was built and by whom
- Document any significant alterations
- Find any surviving maps, deeds, plans, historic prints or photographs
- Identify previous owners and occupiers and provide biographical information
Research by the hour
- Research is tailored to your specific requirements and budget.
- I will work with you to establish what you already know, identify clear research objectives and develop a research plan.
- I offer 1 hour of free consultation in preparation for a project.
- Thereafter I charge £35 per hour, which includes time spent on preparation, research, documentation, analysis and reporting.
- Expenses are rebilled at cost and mileage is charged at the HMRC rate of 45p per mile.
- Please see my terms of business so you know what to expect if you hire me.