Are you interested in family history, house history, local history or other historical research?
- Who were my ancestors? Where did they live? What did they do? Are my family stories true?
- When was my house built? Who lived in it? What did it look like? How has it changed?
- What is the history of this area, its residents, buildings and businesses?
- Can information be found for my project? Can relatives be traced or stories of media interest uncovered?
Are you looking for professional help?
- I'd like someone to research for me - can you help?
- I'd like to do the research myself - can you advise or mentor me?
- I'm looking for a gift - can you put together something special?
- I'm considering a corporate or media project - is it feasible?
- I need a speaker or media expert - what services can you offer?
I can help you find the answers
- I research family, house and local history, trace living people and do other historical research projects.
- I will research for you online and at local archives or offer you advice and mentoring as you do your own research.
- I have a proven track record of handling large corporate projects and media work with tight deadlines.
- I am an accomplished public speaker with considerable media experience, both TV and journalism.
- All my work is tailored to your individual requirements and your specific budget.
Why choose me?
- I have a 1st class Honours Degree (BA) in History and am studying for a Master's Degree (MLitt) in Family and Local History.
- I am a member of the Register of Qualified Genealogists, having achieved Postgraduate Diploma level in my studies.
- I have 32 years research experience in English and Scottish archives and particular expertise in online research.
- My commissions for clients include corporate and TV work, family histories, house histories, tracing living people, coaching and problem solving to overcome brick walls. My clients include the BBC, HSBC and Wall to Wall TV.
- I offer skilled research, analysis and problem solving, combined with clear communication.
- I have subscriptions to all the main genealogy websites and my own extensive reference library.
- I'm a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and subscribe to their Code of Ethics.
- My work has featured in the Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail and Catholic Herald.
- I have excellent testimonials.