Caroline Gurney, QG®
- BA (Hons) in History, First Class honours, University of Bristol, 1975
- MLitt in Family and Local History, with Distinction, University of Dundee, 2019
- Accepted to study for PhD in History, University of Bristol, September 2020, researching Bristol's Jewish community during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Understanding the broad context of historical research
- Detailed knowledge of a wide range of primary sources
- Reading and transcribing old handwriting (palaeography)
- Reading and translating Latin
- Jewish genealogy
- Combining DNA testing with documentary research
- Public speaking
- Project management
- 'English Counties', British Connections, Volume 20, Issue 4, October-December 2019, p.95.
- 'English Apprenticeships', British Connections, Volume 21, Issue 1, January-March 2020, p.7.
- 'The Women's Suffrage Movement in England', British Connections, Volume 21, Issue 1, January-March 2020, p.31.
- 'Records of Illegitimacy in England', British Connections, Volume 21, Issue 2, April-June 2020, p.69.
- 'Emigration from England', British Connections, Volume 21, Issue 2, April-June 2020, p.87.
- Director, Register of Qualified Genealogists
- Member, Society of Genealogists
- Member, International Society for British Genealogy and Family History
- Member, Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain
- Member, Bristol and Avon Family History Society
- Associate member, Regional History Centre, University of the West of England