Caroline Gurney, QG®
- BA (Hons) in History, First Class honours, University of Bristol, 1975
- MLitt in Family and Local History, with Distinction, University of Dundee, 2019
- Researching for a PhD in History, University of Bristol, on Bristol's Jewish community during the 18th and 19th centuries, since 2020
- Understanding the broad context of historical research
- Detailed knowledge of a wide range of primary sources
- Reading and transcribing old handwriting (palaeography)
- Reading and translating Latin
- Jewish genealogy
- Combining DNA testing with documentary research
- Public speaking
- Project management
- 'English Counties', British Connections, 20.4 (2019), 95-98.
- 'English Apprenticeships', British Connections, 21.1 (2020), 7-10.
- 'The Women's Suffrage Movement in England', British Connections, 21.1 (2020), 31-34.
- 'Records of Illegitimacy in England', British Connections, 21.2 (2020), 69-73.
- 'Emigration from England', British Connections, 21.2 (2020), 87-91.
- 'Genealogy Research in Gloucestershire, Somerset, and Bristol', British Connections, 21.4 (2020), 171-176.
- 'Genealogy Research in Hampshire, Dorset, and Wiltshire', British Connections, 22.1 (2021), 18-22.
- 'Genealogy Research in Kent and Sussex', British Connections, 22.2 (2021), 68-72.
- Director, Register of Qualified Genealogists
- Member, Society of Genealogists
- Member, International Society for British Genealogy and Family History
- Member, Jewish Historical Society of England
- Member, Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain
- Member, Bristol and Avon Family History Society
- Associate Member, Regional History Centre, University of the West of England