Now, as a long term cancer survivor, I am one of MacMillan's Cancer Voices. I give media interviews to promote MacMillan's work and to raise awareness of cancer and survivorship issues. I also give talks in return for donations to MacMillan.
I already have four talks in my diary for next year:
- 7 January 2014. 10am. Town Hall, Chipping Sodbury. Frome Valley Probus Club. Genealogy for Beginners.
- 17 January 2014. 10:30am. The Chantry, Thornbury. Thornbury U3A Family History Group. Tracing Merchant Seamen.
- 14 March 2014. 7:30pm. Masonic Hall, Chipping Sodbury. Sodbury & District Historical Society. Cutty Sark & her Crews.
- 10 September 2014. 7:30pm. Shire Way Community Centre, Yate. Sodbury Vale Family History Group. Of This Parish: Using Manorial and Parochial records to trace Ag Lab ancestors.
I am always happy to give talks within a reasonable travelling distance of my home in Chipping Sodbury. In addition to the subjects listed above, I offer:
- Googling for Grandma: Using Google for Family History Research
- Lost in London: Breaking down brick walls in London research
- Descendants of Cutty Sark: Tracing Living People
- Using Family Tree Maker
- How to Build a Genealogy Website
- Researching the History of your House
You can read some reviews of my talks here. If you would like me to give a talk to your group, club or society, please contact me.